Number of Students: 1,913
Number of Staff: 174
Student - teacher ratio: 11:1
Note: Student number does not include the High School Extension Program. Staff number and student-teacher ratio do not include Special Education staff.
School Hours: 8:05AM - 2:30PM
Cambridge Rindge & Latin School is a comprehensive high school divided into four learning communities (LC’s), the High School Extension Program (HSEP), and the Rindge School of Technical Arts (RSTA).
- Designed to promote high levels of learning and achievement for all students
- Each LC has approximately 475 students
- Honors courses offered in all core subjects (English, history, mathematics, science, and world languages); Advanced Placement courses available to 11th and 12th grade students
- Utilizes college-like, 4x4 block scheduling
- Offers “Physics First” to all Freshmen that includes an open Honors option
- Multiple awards won in athletics, academics and performing arts
- Social, academic, career and college counseling available for all students
- Over 55 clubs and extracurricular activities
Rindge School of Technical Arts (RSTA) offers fully-approved Career & Technical Education (CTE) of study in ten different areas, as well as a number of elective, one semester courses in Business, Computers, and some of the CTE technical areas.
- Technical Arts exploratory course for freshmen
- Student certifications available in several programs of study
High School Extension Program provides students with an alternative option for pursuing a high school diploma.
- Located in a Cambridge Public School facility
- Course curriculum, academic requirements and eligibility for graduation aligned with state guidelines