Number of Students: 1,561
Number of Staff: 171
Student - teacher ratio: 11:1
Note: Student number does not include the High School Extension Program. Staff number and student-teacher ratio do not include Special Education staff.
Cambridge Rindge & Latin School is a comprehensive high school divided into four learning communities (LC’s), the High School Extension Program (HSEP), and the Rindge School of Technical Arts (RSTA).
- Designed to promote high levels of learning and achievement for all students
- Each LC has approximatley 390 students
- During the CRLS renovation project, the Grade Nine Campus serves as one of the four CRLS Learning Communities. In the following years, students will rejoin the main campus with an assignment to Learning Community C, R, or S. To personalize the educational program, each student is assigned to the same guidance counselor over the four years.
- Honors courses offered in all core subjects (English, history, mathematics, science and and world languages) and world languages; Advanced Placement courses available to 11th and 12th grade students
- Utilizes college-like, 4x4 block scheduling
- Offers “Physics First” to all Freshmen that includes an open Honors option
- Multiple awards won in athletics, academics and performing arts
- Social, academic, career and college counseling available for all students
- Over 30 clubs and extracurricular activities
Rindge School of Technical Arts (RSTA) offers fully-approved Career & Technical Education (CTE) of study in ten different areas, as well as a number of elective, one semester courses in Business, Computers, and some of the technical areas.
- Technical Arts exploratory course for freshmen
- Student certifications available in several programs of study
High School Extension Program provides students with an alternative option for pursuing a high school diploma.
- Located at the former Graham and Parks School at 15 Upton Street
- Course curriculum, academic requirements and eligibility for graduation aligned with state guidelines