Employment Permits

Employment Permits (also known as “Working Papers”) for Cambridge residents between the ages of 14 and 17 can be obtained only at the Rindge School of Technical Arts (RSTA) Office 617.349.7782 at CRLS. 

The RSTA Office is open daily during the school year from 7:15AM to 3PM when school is in session. During school vacation periods and the summer months, the RSTA Office is usually open from 7:30AM to 2:30PM; however, during these times, it is best to email the office or call a few days in advance of your intention to come in to be sure the Office will be staffed and accessible.

*Please note, hours are subject to change.

NOTE: Obtaining the Employment Permit is a two-step process:

  1. The first step (after you have been offered a job) is to complete an APPLICATION, which you can get from the Massachusetts website and search for Employment Permits) or at the RSTA Office.

  2. The second step is the person obtaining the permit must bring the completed Application along with proof of age* to the RSTA Office and then complete the EMPLOYMENT PERMIT and have it signed by the school official.

*Proof of age can be a Birth Certificate, Passport, immigration record, or any state of government-issued identification that includes the date of birth.

From the official website of the Massachusetts Attorney General:
“For minors who are residents of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, permits are issued by the superintendent of schools for the municipality in which the minor lives or attends school - either is acceptable. If the minor resides outside the Commonwealth, the permit is issued by the superintendent for the municipality where the minor's job will be located.”

The Superintendent of the Cambridge Public Schools has authorized the above Procedure for Obtaining Employment Permits for Cambridge residents. This Procedure complies with applicable Massachusetts statutes and Regulations.

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2022 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.